Ukrainian Cabbage Salad is a type of vinegar coleslaw. To make it taste Ukrainian be sure to use sunflower oil. – Patty Levenberg
(Makes about 12 servings)
- 1 pound cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small head of cabbage, shredded
- ½ head purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill weed, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Put cucumber in a sieve and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes then press the moisture out of the cucumber.
- Combine cabbage, onion, and dill weed with cucumber in a bowl.
- Mix the oil and vinegar. Toss it into the salad and add salt to taste.